Uniform helps to give a child a sense of belonging to the school community. We expect pupils to conform and take pride in their appearance. The main colours of uniform at The John Wesley Church of England/Methodist Aided Primary School are purple and powder blue. Please click on the website link to download Stitch Design’s information sheet and follow the steps to register online for your purchases, alternatively please scroll further down the page to see how it works.
All items of uniform are competitively priced and can to be ordered directly from Stitch Design Personalised Clothing (www.stitchdesign.co.uk). The school sweatshirt, cardigan, polo shirt, fleece, coat and backpack with a logo on, must be purchased from the above company. Logo bookbags are provided by ‘The Friends’ when a child starts in Early Years
The school uniform is as follows:
- Sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece - Purple
- Polo Shirt - Powder Blue
- Grey trousers, skirts or shorts
- Socks; single colour white, grey or black
- Tights; single colour grey or black
- Summer dresses - powder blue or purple checked gingham dresses
- Flat school shoes - black, no trainers.
- Waterproof Coat
- PE t-shirts - Blue for St Pauls, Red for Rochester, Green for Westminster and Yellow for Canterbury. Pupils will be assigned to a school house and siblings will be in the same house.
- PE shorts - black
- PE Jogging Pants - Grey/Black
- Trainers will be needed for PE activities on the field and plimsolls for PE in the main hall.
- Wellingtons or strong boots will be needed for Forest School activities and in Early Years.
- Bags available: purple book bag, PE bag and backpack all with logo
- Slippers - (not compulsory) pupils can change from their outdoor shoes and wear slippers. This helps to create a ‘home from home’ atmosphere, as well as keeping the school clean.
Fashion trousers and certain items of footwear such as high ankle basketball boots, platform shoes, trainers, boots with many fasteners or open toed sandals are not considered suitable or acceptable for school wear. Fashion trends relating to appearance (eg.hairstyles, body art etc.) are also considered unsuitable.
Stitch Design - How it works
- Register or sign in by visiting the service provider’s website at www.stitchdesign.co.uk
- You will need to know the school’s post code to register: The John Wesley School address is : Wesley School Rd, Cuckoo Lane, Singleton, Ashford, Kent, TN23 5LW
- Once registered you should place and pay for your order online. All items within ‘Your Uniform Shop’, and their prices, are fully approved by the school
- If you do not have online access then please check at the School Office for the available options
- An on-screen Sizing Guide for each item is available but, if you are not familiar with the garment, please ask at the school as there may be sizing samples available
- Please double check your confirmation email to ensure everything is correct. Items will usually be despatched directly to you the following working day
- Any problems with supply of any items will be communicated to you and despatched as soon as possible
- Any other problems please check the FAQ for parents page or contact Stich Design